SUPPORTING YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY
Using over a decade’s worth of experience, we have drawn together an extensive set of frequently asked questions (FAQ) and documents to help you every step of the way
Both the buyer and seller must be members of the Tungsten Network in order to send and receive electronic invoices through Tungsten.
Many of your customers may already be members of the network. Within 24 hours of joining the Tungsten Network, you can be sending those customers e-Invoices.
Yes it is a mandatory requirement that all goods and services not for resale (GSNFR) suppliers submit their invoices through our electronic invoicing partner – Tungsten Network. To continue your registration you must have a Tungsten account number.
If you do not register with Tungsten you will not be added onto Tesco’s accounting systems, meaning Purchase Orders will not be raised and invoices cannot be paid.
By submitting invoices electronically through Tungsten Network you will benefit from:
- A secure, fast and environmentally friendly invoicing process with guaranteed delivery of tax compliant invoices to Tesco within 48 hours
- Easy Connectivity – no software or hardware to install
- Check the status of your invoice and manage your account on the Portal
- Help increase our ability to pay you to agreed terms
- Notification alerts to let you know about any invoice submission problems
- Online invoice archiving and reporting options available 24/7
Yes, part of the registration process is that you have to accept required standard terms and conditions given. Once you do it, the expectation from Tesco is that you will stop submitting paper invoices (rejected if still received) and submit all invoices via Tungsten.
Yes, regardless of the solution you choose, you will be required to accept Tungsten Network’s terms and conditions.
Yes. Tesco is actively phasing out the processing of paper invoices to take advantage of the benefits that electronic invoicing provides to both us and our suppliers. As of 2013, use of Tungsten e-invoicing has been a formal vendor selection criteria employed by Tesco.
Tungsten Network provides electronic invoicing, analytics and workflow solutions to companies around the globe. For more information about our products and services please visit our website.
To start using the Tungsten Network, all you need to do is register now, using the Registration Key or TN Number given to you by your customer. Once registered, all suppliers using this option automatically receive 52 free transactions. At the end of your first anniversary (one year after registration), we will replenish your account, at no charge, back to 52 free invoices for you to use during the next 12 months.
If you are registered in one of the countries below and intend to store your invoices for tax reclaim on the Tungsten invoice archive you will need to notify your local tax authority. Tungsten provides a standard wording you can use to provide this notification. A link to a copy of the notification template will be emailed to you.
No. Additional software or hardware is NOT required. You only need a connection to the internet to send e-Invoices via the Tungsten Network.
The minimum operating system requirements are: Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition, Linux or Mac OS 9.2*.
Minimum browser requirements are: Version 9 of Internet Explorer and the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera.
You can send invoices directly from your billing system in any format you choose. To do this you will need to become an Integrated Solution Supplier on the Tungsten Network. Please contact Tungsten directly on +44 (0)870 165 7420 to do this. Tungsten also has local numbers in the following countries:
Country Local Number Asia Pacific region +60 (3) 9207 7800 Belgium +32 (0)24 031 011 Denmark +45 808 858 18 Finland +358 (0)800 118 871 France +33 (0)1707 081 00 Germany +49 (0)69 2222 20290 Ireland +353 (0)1 247 7709 Italy +39 02360 06340 Netherlands +31 (0)207 121 385 Norway +47 800 149 34 Portugal +351 (0)800 860007 Spain +34 914 141 472 Sweden +46 (0)85 057 8418 Switzerland +41 (0)44 580 1491 United Kingdom +44 (0)870 165 7420 United States +1 (770) 698 1420
Once you are subscribed to the network, Tungsten enables you to send electronic invoices to any other buyer customers that are members of the network without any additional charge. Click on Customer Connect in your supplier portal to easily locate other buyers.
Yes, a number of useful tutorials outlining key functions of the Tungsten Network portal can be viewed here http://www.tungsten-network.com/uk/support/tutorials/.
- Secure and guaranteed invoice delivery, no more invoices getting lost in the post
- It will take less time to process your invoices
- No more delays due to missing information, landing on the wrong desk or manual intervention
- ANY-TO-ANY DATA FORMATTING Technology – there is no need for additional software or hardware
- Higher processing transparency and better cash flow management due to 24/7 access and reporting
- VAT compliant, regardless of where invoices are sent or received from
- Easy and cost efficient to send invoices – at any time
Tesco does not cover a Suppliers costs to produce your paper invoices and therefore will not be covering the cost to send electronically. However the electronic solution is more cost effective to most businesses. In addition to the financial savings you will also receive the advantages of immediate invoice submission, invoice delivery confirmation, and 24/7 invoice status and reporting capability.
TUNGSTEN is not a payment platform. Tesco will continue to use their current payment method.
The Tungsten Solutions do not require any software or hardware installations to submit invoices.
- As Tesco allows attachments, go to ‘Invoicing’ and select ‘Invoices pending attachments’
- Find your invoice by adding the invoice number to the search field or sort the ‘Invoices awaiting attachments’ table by the various column headings
- Check the allowed file types in the ‘Upload’ column
- Click ‘Select’ to add the file(s) you want to attach on your computer
- You can see your attachments in the ‘Attachment count’ column
- You need to release your invoices with attachments to alert us that they are ready to be processed, tick the boxes by the relevant invoices and click the ‘Release’ button
- You are limited to a maximum of 3 attachments per invoice and these must be in a tiff format
- If you have an invoice pending attachments then you will have 24 hours to add the attachments before the invoice is automatically sent
No, the expectation from Tesco is that once you receive this notification you should start submitting all invoices through Tungsten and no further paper invoices should be sent (rejected if still received). This is to prevent any possible duplication.
No, this is to prevent duplicate invoices. The system itself does not allow entering the same number twice.
Yes, just enter relevant date. However, a future date is not possible.
Please enter only one PO in “PO field” on invoice header. Please enter other POs in the body of the invoice – each PO on each related line, e.g.:
- Line 1: first PO, description of the related delivery/service/goods
- Line 2: second PO, description of the related delivery/service/goods
- Line 3: third PO, description of the related delivery/service/goods
No, to get an accurate status of your submitted invoices you should view the Invoice Status updates on your Tungsten portal account. You can find out more about this service by viewing the tutorial video. Click Here
- Accepted: Your invoice passed Tungsten validation – invoice not yet received by Tesco AP Department.
- Failed: The invoice has failed validation. This is most commonly caused by missing data that is required by the system, country or buyer (e.g. PO).
The below statuses signify that that your invoice has passed Tungsten Networks buyer and country validations and has been delivered to Tesco. If you have any further queries after reviewing the status of your invoice on the portal please contact Tesco directly by emailing [email protected] or by calling 01992 808 444.
- Delivered: Your invoice is ready to be transmitted to Tesco AP Department.
- Received: Your invoice was entered to Tesco AP Department’s system – it will be validated for correctness and processed.
- Rejected: Your invoice did not pass Tesco AP Department’s validation and was rejected – you will receive rejection information from Tesco EMAIL.
- Received: The buyer has acknowledged receipt of the invoice.
- Approved: The buyer has approved the invoice for payment.
- Paid: Your invoice was paid.
- Exception/On hold: Your invoice is under Tesco’s investigation – you may be contacted for correction / Credit Note.
When a supplier or Buyer registers to the Tungsten portal they have to nominate an administrator, the details of the administrator can be located by clicking on “My Account” and then by clicking on “My Profile” the details will appear at the bottom of the screen.
It is the administrator that can add new users and amend access rights.
Tungsten remembers all invoice numbers sent by you to Tesco. This protects both you and Tesco from sending duplicates. Therefore your invoice should always have a unique number, for example 1/2013 and 1/2014 will be accepted.
- Your PO was created within last 24 hours. The system is scheduled to copy all new POs once a day and then to transmit it to TUNGSTEN during the night. There is no live relationship between SRM and TUNGSTEN therefore all PO copies appear on TUNGSTEN supplier profiles 24 hours later.
- There is a real mapping issue. In this case contact TUNGSTEN support to get it fixed and connect your company to the right entity.
Please refer to the pricing model.
Access to the Tungsten service, including the Web Form, requires three credential authorizations. In addition, each session is protected by industry standard 128 bit SSL encryption using Class 3 Server Certificates from Verisign. Once your invoice is created it is stored in the secure archive where it is protected by the latest security measures which are tested daily.
This means only authorized users can connect to the site and that once connected, all communications are private and data is completely secure.
The business between you and your customer will continue in the same language. You should continue to send invoices in them same language you normally use.
If you require support, please call +44 (0) 870 165 7430. For assistance in Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish, please call one of the local numbers below:
Belgium + 32 2403 1012 France + 33 1707 08109 Germany + 49 6922 2220 293 Ireland + 35 3124 77710 Italy + 39 0236 006 341 Netherlands + 31 2071 21386 Portugal + 35 1800 814 549 Spain + 34 9141 41473 UK + 44 8701 657 430
Please note that these numbers are for Tungsten e-invoicing support queries only. Please continue to direct your payment queries to your existing customer contact.
If your query relates to the portal and its functionality or if you require technical assistance please contact the Tungsten Network support team by raising a ticket or by calling the relevant local number.
- the details of a PO (e.g. amount)
- an invoice in any of these statuses: Rejected/Exception/On Hold/Delivered/Received/Approved/Paid
- payment date or terms